Thursday, 26 April 2012

Back on track, or at least on my way to finding that track


Can't believe I've abandoned this place for a year and a 1/12...

Where do I start...? It's like nothing really happened yet everything's changed. It's like a long sleep in the castle only to be waken by my very self. Not a knight in a shiny armor, not a strike of lightening, not even a sweaty nightmare or a pain in the stomach - but my very own mind. Is that what they call an epiphany? I don't know, what I do know is that I've been settling for things I'm not that passionate about in the name of being a grown-up, while feeling so sick about the very idea of it that I ran away as hastily as I could.

And now here I am, in-between identities, in-between places, in-between relationships, in-between dreams. I wonder is it just me or are we all programmed to have to go through the exact same phase in life?

What I do know is, I've been waiting for what I call a chance - don't even know what for, a change? a shove forward? - for so long, that I tied my hands and knees to the point that I was frozen in time and space, so timid to go anywhere in fear of imperfection, yet so desperate to get the hell out of this daunting current state that I scream constantly in my head "All I want is a chance, anyone? anywhere? anything!"

I feel constantly a thousand words down my throat a million chills on my skin a trillion thoughts in my head a gazillion feelings in my eyes, so overwhelming that I'm stunned and and utterly motionless, on the edge of reaching that tipping point of explosion.

I know this is not right.

And I have to do something about it, come to my own rescue, be my own salvation.

So here I am again, selling all I have on eBay, running away from myself, looking for the new me.

Funny how the journey starts from Yorkshire though, a reality drawback of the stuff I could sell and train tickets I could afford.

I blame it on you, Ebay, but thank you nonetheless.

It feels so good to pack light, and yes I'm not just talking about the suitcase, but my head, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment