Sunday, 6 March 2011

2011 Fall RTW-Vivienne Westwood and the Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Remember in Fashion PR class my teacher used to say that, if you spot a neon wire decoration in major store window displays from more than three fashion cities, say, Milan, London, and Tokyo, at the same time, then there might be a trend in neon wire decorations going on for store window display decos.

A minute after I was fascinated by the look of White Sea, I discovered Vivienne Westwood's Fall 2011 RTW collection. If I spot a third scary halloween look make-up then I'd say there might be a trend of horror going on.....


White Sea: Mountaineer



When I first saw Vivienne's collection for this season, I dropped my cupcake not for the usual unusual cuts and prints, beads and pleats, but for the hair and make-up artists. I know they couldn't be Sweeney Todd, but, Gee, is that a hell of a make-up or what, make-up from hell?

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Don't get me wrong though, I quite like them, and although they're too scary for a pretty everyday look, they'd be quite pretty for a scary halloween look.







Normally when I look at an interesting designing or art work, my mind would automatically switch to a wild brain-storming mode trying to figure out what inspires the designer, who or what are their muses. And I think I've found the answers to the following ones:

Black Swan for this:




And Field Runners for the following:
( I bet Vivienne herself might have been playing Field Runners in between her meetings and designer's blocks :P)






*** ***
credit: Runway pictures from the collection: all from Style.com
other pictures from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment